When the embarrassing incident in nation’s capital took place, what Guruji said is perfectly relevant after what happened in my beloved Delhi, and here it is word for word for everyone to read…
I thought of changing the blog design to something darker for a few days, but then decided that this would mean that terror and corruption has won over love and peace…
So, it stays this way, bright and colourful and beautiful and hopeful
We need more peace, we need more people to learn to meditate, we need EVERYONE who has learned to meditate, to not miss even a day of their Sadhana… When there will be more and more Love and Care on our planet, I know these things will become extinct! Your simple and super potent contribution to stop this would be an unwavering resolve to do your Sadhana every single day, come what may… and bring many, many more, millions of more people on to ART of LIVING courses…
and oh yes, a change of government would help a lot as well… so next election time, go and vote these present jokers out!
Corruption: The Cause and the Remedy
– H.H. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
The act which is only destructive and inflicts suffering both on oneself and others is corruption. In such an act, human values are lost in the process of achieving a goal.
Some of the factors that lead to corruption are:
Frustration and desperation to achieve a goal
Shortsightedness and Impulsive action
Belief in a non-verifiable concept of heaven and merit; a childish concept of God favoring some and angry at others, thereby undermining the omniscience and omnipotence of the Divine.
Corruption induces fear psychosis in all, increases poverty, suffering and loss of life with no apparent gains. Instead of solutions the culprit looks for violence as an answer. If you simply criticize without giving a solution, know that this criticism comes from the same seed as corruption!
Although there are certain qualities you can appreciate in a corrupt individual such as:
* Commitment to a goal
You will have to learn from them things that you should never do:
* Valuing some ideas and concepts more than life.
* Having a narrow perspective of life and dishonoring its diversity.
The remedy for corruption is:
* Inculcate a broader perspective of life — value life more than race, religion and nationality.
* Educate people in human values – friendliness, compassion, cooperation and upliftment.
* Teach methods to release stress and tension.
* Cultivate confidence in achieving noble aims by peaceful and nonviolent means.
* Create spiritual upliftment which can weed out destructive tendencies.