It’s very tasty, and because of the pineapple in it has an utterly unique flavor!
- 1 packet of Nutrella (soya) nuggets boiled for 15-20 minutes with salt. Drain away the water and squeeze dry (careful dont burn your hands)
- 1 juicy, sweet pineapple cut into medium sized chunks
- 2 medium carrots peeled and cut into small chunks (or strips)
- 1 big handful of green peas… Dunk them in boiling hot water for about 3-4 minutes (you can use more if you like green peas)
- a big bunch of fresh corriander chopped up finely
- 10-12 curry leaves
- Dhania-Jeera powder and Garam Masala Powder
- Salt to taste
In a heavy bottomed pan, heat 5-7 generous spoons of ghee (the nuggets absorb a lot of ghee). Add curry leaves and let them crackle a bit. Add 4 tablespoons of dhania jeera powder and 3 tablespoons of garam masala powder and cook well on low heat for some time, until you can smell the delicious fragrance of the cooked masala. Add salt.
Add the pineapple and cook for about 5-8 minutes. Then add the carrots and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Next add the nuggets and stir them thoroughly into the masala, seeing to it that the masala coats them properly. Cook the entire mixture on high heat for about 6-10 minutes stirring all the time. Add the green peas and then reduce heat to simmer and cook for another 10ish minutes. Remember to keep stirring so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan and burn.
Stir in half the coriander and after transferring to a serving bowl, garnish with the rest of the coriander.
Serve piping hot with Rotis or toasted whole wheat bread. A nice Masoor Dal will go really well with it.